NOTE: These steps will be for Handheld Contact German server customers only!
The Handheld Contact German syncing servers will be discontinued and this article will explain the required directions in order to make the needed changes to switch into the North American servers. If the North American servers are not permitted then an account change to Handheld Contact API will be required. You can create a new account for this application here.
- A new account will need to be created from HandheldContact.com in order to have access to North American servers.
- A 14-day trial can be created here. The same email address applied on the German server MUST be used to create the new account.
- If you get a message that the account is already in use, please contact support.
- Verify the email address in order to activate the account. An email will be sent to the username provided with a link to click on.
- The setup can begin on the PC/server side to sync with the local Act! database. The directions for setup can be found here for reference.
- During the setup, if you get a message that the account is Disabled, this means that the email verification above was not completed. Please see this article for directions.
- Start the synchronization process on the PC/server side by clicking on Maintenance, choose 'Synchronize Users' and then select all and press 'Sync Now'.
- Delete Handheld Contact Classic from the mobile device and the download it again. Open Chrome/Safari on the device itself and navigate to: www.handheldcontact.com/ota
- Once you launch the application a pop up may appear asking which server to use. Select 'HandheldContact.com'. Then press Continue.
- When the synchronization from Step 7 above is completed, proceed to sync Handheld Contact Classic on the device side.
If there are any issues or problems with the above steps, please contact support by creating a support ticket.