Here are the directions needed in order to install Handheld Contact onto the PC/server where Act! resides:
- Go to the same computer/server where the Act! database resides.
- Open http://www.handheldcontact.com/downloads.php and look for the link under the 'Handheld Contact for your computer' section.
- Download the file "HHC-4_x_x_x.exe" and save it to the Desktop.
- Find the downloaded HHC-4_x_x_x.exe file and run it.
- Once the install has completed, Handheld Contact will automatically open.
- The last Act! database used will be entered automatically. If this is not correct, press 'Browse' to locate and select the correct database for syncing.
- Enter in your Act! Administrator username and password (if necessary). Press Next.
- Select the Act! User from the left side listing that appears. Enter the Act! user password (if necessary). Press Next.
- You will also need to enter your Handheld Contact username (email address) and password used for the account. Press Next.
- Continue through the wizard to pick and choose which options you would like to sync with the device. Click Finish when done.
- When the setup is complete, click Maintenance-->Synchronize Users, select the checkbox beside All Users accounts and then hit Sync Now.
Note: If you do not know the Act! Administrator username/password, please see this LINK.